A 31 day photo study of life’s artful details
Picture Elements is an ALL-NEW 31-day creative photography prompt project focused on the 7 visual elements of art:
Color, line, shape, form, value, texture, and space.
This art-centered approach of Picture Elements offers a creative new twist on past Picture Series projects, with engaging, intriguing, succinct photo prompts specifically designed to heighten your awareness, hone your vision, and strengthen your photography skills. Much like a visual scavenger hunt, Picture Elements was created to playfully spark your creative spirit and get you seeking out specific daily details of your life. Picture Elements will not only inspire and infuse more artistry in your photography, it will foster a relaxed, enjoyable, and sustainable photography practice in conjunction with a community of other photo-lovers doing the same.
An additional element added to this offering is the integration of 2 Picture Elements Zoom Calls, led by Tracey, intended to add a deeper level of creative connection and community to the already rich shared experience of engaging in the daily photo prompts.
From August 1st through August 31st, here's what to look forward to:
- 31days of photo exploration, using your camera (any camera!) as your catalyst
- 31 creative photo prompts delivered directly, 1-per-day, to your inbox each morning
- 2 project zoom calls to deepen creative connection with Tracey & the community (Tuesday, 8/9 @9:30AM & Tuesday 8/23 @5:30PM)
- An online classroom with access to the prompts and the community of other participants with an opportunity to share your images and interact with each other
- An engaging hands-on method to help strengthen your photo artistry
- A gently guided creative practice to heighten your awareness and observation skills
- A vibrant community to share and enjoy this fulfilling photo practice with
In praise of Tracey's photo projects:
"These prompts are a bit like intention setting. I read them early in the morning and they give me a focus for the rest of my day, and help me see things I otherwise might have missed. I love it!"
" I love the prompts and everyone’s interpretation of them is absolutely magical."
"Tracey, thank you so much for your daily prompts. and exquisite photos! They gave me so much inspiration not just for photography, but in every aspect of my life."
"I enjoyed every class I took. You created a very special community and inspiring content, Tracey - thank you!”
“I've always enjoyed your classes, your style of taking pictures, your teaching!”
Photographing the beauty of everyday life for over 25 years has continued to fuel Tracey's passion for sharing the insights and inspirations she’s gathered along her creative journey. Creator of The Picture Series, author of Elevate the Everyday: A Photographic Guide to Picturing Motherhood, co-author of Expressive Photography: A Shutter Sisters Guide to Shooting From the Heart, and founder of Shutter Sisters, she enjoys telling stories by weaving pictures and words together. Tracey lives in sunny Southern California and emphatically believes that perspective—and love—changes everything. Follow along on her daily Instagram adventures at @traceyclark or find her at TraceyClark.com.
Frequently Asked Questions